Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lion Beach



Dive location: Shishihama, Lionbeach
Weather condition: Snow, Rain, and Sunshine
Water Temperature:13.4c

Downed my gear and was ready to hit the ocean. Our first stop was Iwa dive site however the wind was moving strong toward/east side of the Izu peninsula. So we opted to go to the west side, Shishihama for a Deep dive to test out a little nitrogen narcosis.

Our first dive was about 29 meters and to put it in an equation. Its pretty difficult
to multiply quickly at that depth. Fun however tricky. We didn't stay down long. We also tested the color changes from shallow to deep. Someday I would like to do research on this.

The next dive we tried to find octopuses but with no avail. We did find a blowfish/puffer and I held it in my hands. The blowfish wasn't to nervous because I was the one who didn't want to get stung. What was interesting is it felt really soft.

At the end of my dive I did a BCD surface removal and my dry suit became a wet suit. Not to thrilling the rush of cold water and buoyancy malfunction. Of course the dives were spectacular. I thought the snow and rain gave it a plus.

No comments: