Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Boat Dive



Dive Location

Miura Dive Center
Weather Condition
Sunny
Water Temperature
Temperature 13.6c

Would that picture be called a dingy, a fish boat or a life saver?
When I first saw it I thought sensei was kidding. I always pictured my first boat dive to be from lets just say a bigger boat. However from experience I prefer to do things like the locals. I thought if I could dive from this boat. I could dive from any boat.

Our first trip out was cool. The icy cool water splashing on my face as my hands were practically in the ocean. I was sitting on the starboard side of the boat. I felt like I was going on some kind of reconnaissance mission. Mission In Possible theme music in the back ground.

We practice frontwards and backwards entry. My backward entry felt comfortable. I need to tuck my head in more, looking to my belly on the forward entry so the top of the tank hits the water first. It was a good experience.

I saw my first Octopus. It was only the tentacle but I now understand why National Geographic spends a lot of time on this creature of the sea.

Miura is a nice spot, small but there is a man made reef so lots of crevices and corners. It would be a real nice place to practice navigation diving.

We did a little drift diving as well. I found out about getting my commercial diver licenses, a 4 day course and boating licenses. There are boat shows about once a month In Japan. It is a good place to talk to the Japanese Coast Guard.

No comments: