Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New PADI Open Water Diver



Today I am official. I received my PADI Temporary ID card as an Open water Diver.

I can't believe that every time I go underwater I have this feeling that I never want to come up. Todays dive was brilliant. I dove at Osezaki, by the way Mt. Fuji-san was in the back ground with a snow cap trim on this warm autumns day.

I finished taking the OWD underwater testing and it went pretty smoothly. On the mask removal some how I got salt water in my mouth and not my eyes. Sensei said I need to relax my shins more. I finally got use to the lag time when exhaling so I would have better buoyancy. So in a matter of words I feel a little more confident in my ability. Then of course sensei started to show off by swimming backwards using her fins. The next skill after mastering buoyancy.

The "Viz" as they say was about 8-10 meters. I was looking forward to finding a morel eel like my first time diving (saw two) but no such luck, however I saw a sea snake's head out of the sand and my first lionfish. Well worth the sacrifice.

Mt. Fuji-san, the weather, the company, and all the in betweens were a great experience for my training as an Open water diver. I have found what I've been searching for.

No comments: